Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 E-Mail Alert blank

Holger Ronecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a WAP321 here, which is running at firmware version 1.0.3.4. The E-Mail Alert setup works for me, meaing I receive notification E-Mails from the Access Point.

I am wondering however, why those E-Mails are blank, meaning, I only receive header information (to, from, date, subject) but no body content. I was expecting to receive the error message as content of the E-Mail Alert.

Is something wrong with the setup of the Access Point or are my expectations off?

best regards,

Holger

39 Replies 39

For anyone interested, this problem still exists with firmware 1.0.5.3

Hello

Thank you for checking that. Unfortunately this newly release firmware was already in the process of being finalized and made ready to release to the public, when Development was made aware of the Blank E-Mail issue. They are still currently working on this, but I do not have an estimated release date. 

The best advice I can give is to monitor the Sign in to the Small Business Support Forums with your Cisco ID, go to the Small Business Forums- Wireless page

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5946/small-business-wireless

Come down the right hand side to the Actions Section. In there enable or Click the following selection. This should notify you anytime a new update or firmware is release.

You can actually do this for any of the Cisco Technologies that you would like to follow. Just go to the Main Page:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5541/small-business-support-community

and select the Community/Communities that you are interested in.

Eric Moyers
Concentrix at Cisco.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Subject Matter Expert | Cisco Technical Support | 

raimis200
Level 1
Level 1

I have exactly same problem. I can receive message to my email box, but messages are empty, just subject and sender name.

raimis200
Level 1
Level 1

what is solution to fix it? blank log message( empty message)

none so far. The solution is "contact the real support guys".

haven't found time to issue a ticket for it in smartnet

Hi

I have the same problem with the blank email!

Exist a solution for this problem??

Regards

Klaus

raimis200
Level 1
Level 1

With new version of firmware problem still exist and i did not find any solution yet.

Holger Ronecker
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently on firmware 1.0.4.4 and can confirm, nothing has changed since my initial question.

best regards,

Holger

Same here!

Firmware 1.0.4.4 and the emails have no content

KlausVollmer
Level 1
Level 1

What about a solution of the problem?

Today I get an blank email and I do not know why!

Hello Klaus

I am sorry you are having this issue.

So that I can get a feel of how your WAP is configured could you send me screen shots of the Log Settings and the Email Alerts configurations?

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Subject Matter Expert | Cisco Technical Support | 

If you click on my name beside the picture you will see my email address or you can attach here to the post.

Sorry,

I initially attached the requested pictures at the very bottom of this thread. 
Here you go. Please let me know if you need more information.

best regards,

Holger

Thank you for the information, I didn't see anything unusual. I am going to set one up in my lab and see what results I can create with this. I have not tested this particular feature in a while, but I know that it used to work.

I will post to the forums any results.

Please feel free to contact me if you want.

Eric Moyers
Concentrix at Cisco

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Wireless Subject Matter Expert | Cisco Technical Support | 

If you click on my name beside the picture you will see my email address or you can attach here to the post.

Hello Eric,

thank you for looking into this. For confirmation, firmware version is 1.0.4.4 and the contents of the received email remains the same, just headers, no body. 

I would have expected to receive the actuall error message in the body of the email

Here the latest email I received today from the device.

If there is anything more I can do to help let me know.

best regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Received: from none (192.168.10.242) by LABARBARA.me-paintball.lan
 (192.168.10.3) with Microsoft SMTP Server id 14.3.195.1; Thu, 24 Jul 2014
 01:28:34 +0200
To: <sbsadmins@me-paintball.de>
Subject: Log Nachricht von WAP01
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Message-ID: <2d8105c7-e8e8-4c6f-8888-8b3ebb88d414@LABARBARA.me-paintball.lan>
Return-Path: wap01@me-paintball.lan
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 01:28:34 +0200
X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthSource: LABARBARA.me-paintball.lan
X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthAs: Internal
X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthMechanism: 10
X-Auto-Response-Suppress: DR, OOF, AutoReply

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to keep everyone up to date. I am currently working with one customer on this very issue. They have been so kind as to provide me with logs and configurations and I am working with our level 2 team to determine a resolution. 

I must admit Exchange is not one of my strong subjects and I may have to bring in someone else to complete this. I will strive to continue to update everyone as much as I can.

If you do not see anything from me for a while please, feel free to ping me. My email can be found by holding the mouse over my picture. I have more than one case to work and I try to give each my full attention.

Eric Moyers
Concentrix at Cisco

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Wireless Subject Matter Expert | Cisco Technical Support |