Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 E-Mail Alert blank

Holger Ronecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a WAP321 here, which is running at firmware version 1.0.3.4. The E-Mail Alert setup works for me, meaing I receive notification E-Mails from the Access Point.

I am wondering however, why those E-Mails are blank, meaning, I only receive header information (to, from, date, subject) but no body content. I was expecting to receive the error message as content of the E-Mail Alert.

Is something wrong with the setup of the Access Point or are my expectations off?

best regards,

Holger

39 Replies 39

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Hi Holger, thanks for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. I have a couple of questions for you:

Did you try to open it with another browser such as firefox or i.e 9.0 or higher?

Could you provide us a screenshot of the message?

**Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it**

Greetings, 
Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.
Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hello Jonathan,

thank you for getting back at me. About my setup, I am in a Microsoft enviroment, so the mail server is Exchange (version 2010 ServicePack 2) as part of the SBS2011 package.

I checked using the Outlook 2010 "fat client" (version 14.0 , 32 bit) as well as the "Outlook Web App" of the Exchange Server with the latest Chrome 26 and Internet Explorer 10 Browser In all the email is displayed empty, meaning no body part of the message, only headers.

Please find below the complete email, the ".lan" suffix is valid, as it is the local domain.

And yes, I do receive the mail from the AP trough Exchange in my inbox.

As additional information, the number of sent emails display within the AP (status / email) matches the amount I have in my inbox.

Is it possible that "log persistance" "disabled" has something to do with it? I'm just guessing here. I have it disabled, following the best practice, for preventing damage to the memory of the AP.

Please contact me, if you need any more information.

best regards,

Holger

----------------------------

Received: from none (192.168.10.242) by LABARBARA.me-paintball.lan

(192.168.10.3) with Microsoft SMTP Server id 14.2.342.3; Wed, 3 Apr 2013

11:34:53 +0200

To: me-paintball.lan>

Subject: Log Nachricht von WAP01

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/plain

Message-ID: <c208100d-91d4-42bf-8c6f-055b5e81e8cc@LABARBARA.me-paintball.lan>

Return-Path: wap01@me-paintball.lan

Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 11:34:53 +0200

X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthSource: LABARBARA.me-paintball.lan

X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthAs: Internal

X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthMechanism: 10

X-Auto-Response-Suppress: DR, OOF, AutoReply

----------------------------

*bump*

anyone?

We are working in this case, however if you need a quicker answer, can you please reach out to our Small Business Support Center and open a Service Request to address this issue? One of our Engineers may be able to work with you and diagnose the root cause. You can find the appropriate contact information for SBSC in the below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

Greetings, 
Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.
Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hello Johnnatan,

since we all have the same problem, I take the liberty of answering you with the requested screenshots.  Personal information are blanked out, as this is a public forum. I can supply you with unedited screenshots if it helps.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

best regards, Holger

This was not fixed in 1.0.5.3 and is still an issue.  Any update on when or if a fix will be out to fix this issue?

This issue was fixed in the firmware 1.2.0.2 for the WAP500 series. It however has not been released yet for the WAP300 series. I have an email in trying to get an estimate for that release, but have not heard anything back yet. 

When I do I will be glad to update this thread.

Is the problem with the new firmware 1.0.6.2 fixed?

Looking at the release notes, I do not see where this is mentioned. However, the problem was originally listed with just the WAP500 series so that does not surprise me. It is possible that it may have been ported over and not reported, since there was not an official tie-in.

It would be worth it to see. THe firmware does fix a couple of issues that were plaguing some customers.

CSCus75139 — WAP321 Intermittently wireless client doesn't get IP from DHCP server 

CSCuu02755 — WAP321: Error message containing unknown opt message filling logs

As I mentioned above a couple of days ago. I am trying to get someone to reopen a case to officially tie this bug to WAP300 Series Access Points. Would you be willing to do that? 

Eric Moyers
Concentrix at Cisco.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Subject Matter Expert | Cisco Technical Support | 

I can't do that because I have no service contracts.

Please inform your colleagues about the problems with the WAP321

I have informed them but, it is better to have a case to tie the issue to.

How long have you had the units?

There is no Service contract is required on Small Business Products. They come with 1 year free phone support. And since this is a known bug on a different model, there should be no issue with opening a case for this product.

Eric Moyers

3 Units we have more than a year and 3 other for about 2 months.

Where can I open a case without a service contract?
I do not find the link

Unfortunately, Small Business is not like Enterprise. There is not a link to create your case directly. You must call one of our Support Centers and open a case with an Engineer directly.

You can call this number 1-866-606-1866 anytime and get an engineer or if you are in Europe you can call the Support Center in those time zones, It is located in Sofia, Bulgaria. There is also the the option to use chat.

If you go to the bottom of, 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5541/small-business-support-community

Under "Popular Support Links", the first two: Online Chat Information and Contact Information.

Chat of course will take you to a chat session and you can open one there and Contact Information will take you to a listing of phone numbers.

If you like once the case is open, tell the engineer that you have been working with me through the support forums. If they like they can contact me and I can explain everything to them and point them to some of the cases from the WAP561 and guides and help them get this escalated to level 2. Or if you want just let me know the case number and I can also contact them to help get this moving for you.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Sir, I have been in contact with our team. Can you please call in and have a case created. I want to get this sent into them so they can get this moving. It helps when they have bugs tied to cases. The fix in formware 1.2.0.2 was tied to a WAP561 and I want to get this tied to the WAP321 as well.

Send me back the case number of have the engineer you talk to contact me. They all pretty much know me and can contact me.

Eric Moyers