Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 Wireless-N Access Point connecting problems

bogdan806
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a WAP321 WAP321-E-K9 V01 and it worked just fine for about 4 months but now for unknown reasons and not in a specific time, I doesn't let any devices to connect.

For example (most often) at the 1st hour of work all 10 computer can connect with no problem, but if another device is trying to connect it stucks at "obtaining IP address", the computers/devices that are connected can disconnect and reconnect at any time.
We have a maximum 20 devices that connects including 10 computers, about 5-8 mobile phones and 2 laptops.
In any case, if the access point is rebooted it works fine, for some time.... I've upgraded the firmware to 1.0.3.4 and the same problem.
We have only one network configurated on it, I've attached a file with the exported diagnostics.

16 Replies 16

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bogdan, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for your inconvenience you are having, I have a couple of question for you.

1. Did you try to use different security strength? (Also try to use a short password)

2. Did you configure any access rule?

I will share a document with 10 tips in order to improve your wireless signal.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29821

I hope you find this answer useful, thank for using our forum.

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Luis,

1. The password is 8 character lenght and it's something very basic.

2. I don't have any access rule.

3. The wireless signal is not a problem I can see it 100%.

I don't think my problem is related to this, as after a reboot all goes to normal.

After a time it simply won't accept any new devices.
Are the some features that I have to enable/disable? Will a factory restore will help? Or is simply the case to send it to services?

Dear Luis ,

Hi my name is Nico

I just bought WAP 321 but I cannot setup the device. I try go to browser and enter 192.168.1.245 but it fails.

I have a linksys 3200 and it easy to setup. please help me ....... thank u

bogdan806
Level 1
Level 1

So, Cisco support can't offer anything else beside this?

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

I have read through your diagnostic file and see that it was taken after only 5 hours of uptime.

It shows that there was currently 19 devices connected at the time of the snapshot.

Was there any issue's going on at the time this was taken? If not, since this only does a real-time snapshot of the system at that moment. May I ask that you do another during a time when it is not allowing connectivity to the device. If this does not give us any better information I may need you to call in and open a case with one of the engineers so we can gather some wireless packet captures.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Thank you for your reply Eric!

I will export the diagnostics again when we'll have connectivity problems.

I think until tomorrow you will have it.

Many thanks!

Hi Eric,

This morning we had this issue again, I've downloaded the diagnostics and after a reboot all is good, as usual.

Please find attached the file.

Many thanks!

Hi,

I have 4xWAP321 in cluster connect to SG300-8MP.

After 5-7 days hungs.

Today 1 respond and 3 are hung

I attached two files, one before restart all AP and one after restart.

Thanks,

I have your file and have looked through it. Right now only two things seem to stick out to me.

From the wlan0 interface I see was some transmission errors. Shown below on the line begining with TX

Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 50:57:A8:67:B6:30 

UP BROADCAST DEBUG RUNNING  MTU:1500  Metric:1

RX packets:130567862 errors:1 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:4809022

TX packets:78185214 errors:31588 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

RX bytes:3133921501 (2.9 GiB)  TX bytes:3347770314 (3.1 GiB)

Interrupt:3 Base address:0x1000

With Connected devices for this one with a MAC addess of 9C:E6:E7:31:C0:B3

This one was also having errors. See last line, rx decrypt failures

STA 9C:E6:E7:31:C0:B3:

rateset [ 6 9 12 18 24 36 48 54 ]

idle 26211 seconds

in network 68966 seconds

state: AUTHENTICATED ASSOCIATED

flags 0x411b: BRCM WME PS

tx pkts: 699

tx failures: 1

rx ucast pkts: 5926

rx mcast/bcast pkts: 6092

rate of last tx pkt: 54000 kbps

rate of last rx pkt: 54000 kbps

rx decrypt succeeds: 841

rx decrypt failures: 6094

What is the device with this MAC address? If it is turned off, do you still experience issues?

Eric

Mr. Craiu, I am looking at yours next.

Mr. Craiu, I have been looking over yours. When you say 1 will respond three are hung....

Are you talking about SSID's? I only see one configured on both files.

SSID: Noriel

Also when these were taken thee were no devices connected to the WPA's. So I can not see any TX, RX Packets.

PLese connect something and redo the files.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hi,

All 4 devices are configured in a single cluster.

Only one I was able to connect via http interface, of the 4 devices. The other three devices not answering ping

I have attached files of all equipment

Thanks,

Alexandru Craiu

Hi,

I can not identify with that mac address equipment

Thanks,

Alexandru

I'll scan the network today for that device, but after I rebooted the Cisco AP, it was able to connect 100%.

At the moment this is what I do, when I get reports that someone is not able to connect, I reboot the access point and everyone can connect to it.
Also I've done some tests changing the wireless frequency to all options (802.11a- b/g - a/n - b/g/n - 2.4GHz and 5GHz) with no luck, same problems

Here, I have another example, just minutes ago this computer(the user logon later than the others)

MAC: C8-D7-19-0C-57-97

was unable to connect, network status: limited or no connectivity

I've exported the diagnostics to diagnostics_before_changes, then changed the wireless to 802.11 b/g/n (or if I would just reboot) the computer was able to connect and I've also exported the diagnostics to diagnostics_after_changes.

I don't think the frequency is the issue because all computer have the same wireless adaptor (Adaptor Cisco Wireless-N Linksys AE2500, Dual-Band, USB) model and only this one was not able to connect.

Also I rebooted the pc and the wireless adaptor before trying this and that didn't helped.