cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP371 times out, doesn't accept connections, needs rebooted to fix.

kwhufford
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WAP371 on my network set up as a wireless bridge, DHCP function is handled by my RV325, and the wired network works fine.  I've had this setup for several months now and about 2 weeks ago after constant use, the WAP371 stopped responding, didn't accept any new connections (SSID was still broadcast).  I had to power it off and back on to resolve the issue.  It just happened again yesterday, same exact issue.  It has the latest firmware (as of 2 months ago) and the issue just started happening.  I'm using the recommended Cisco PoE injector and only have a few wireless clients that even use the access point.  Trying to figure out what may be causing this.  All clients have the issue, so it's not an isolated case of just one device having a problem.

Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome!

Thanks!

Kyle

2 Replies 2

Jorge Obregon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

I had a case recently with a similar issue that the wireless signal was freezing every 24-48 hours and device had to be manually rebooted  and after some torubleshooting I found out that the issue was related to the wireless channel selectio..   probably you have it as AUTO.   

I would advise you to test by selecting manually one of the clearest channel (you can use a wireless scanner like inSSIDer to confirm the clearest channel).  instead of automatically.   this could be one possible reason for this issue. 

please do that test it to see what happen.  if it does not resolve the issue you can contact cisco small bussines support center  to open a case and go further wuth the troubleshooting 

regards,

also please make sure you have the latest firmware version 1.2.1.3 

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286154471&softwareid=282463166&release=1.0.1.5