Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP561 Enabling Telnet and SSH

Oben Kuyucu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have two WAP561 devices and they have shipped with firmware 1.0.3.4. In the release notes of this firmware, there is an open caveat with the reference number CSCty22825, stating that telnet and ssh is disabled in GUI and SNMP. In the release notes of further releases, such as 1.1.0.4, this caveat is no longer present. We have upgraded our devices to 1.1.0.4, yet telnet and ssh section is still not present in the GUI.

Is there a way to enable ssh on these devices? In the administration guide, there should be a section called "Telnet and SSH" but, it is not present in the GUI. We have also checked with the emulators with different firmwares. Still no telnet and ssh section.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bnedyalk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Those options were available in a very old firmware (the first release) which is no longer present on the cisco.com site and unfortunately I don't have. For security reasons those options were removed from the newer firmwares available.

I hope that the information provided was useful.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

bnedyalk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Those options were available in a very old firmware (the first release) which is no longer present on the cisco.com site and unfortunately I don't have. For security reasons those options were removed from the newer firmwares available.

I hope that the information provided was useful.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Best Regards,

So, there is no way to enable ssh. Am I correct?

Yes you are correct. Unfortunately there is no way to enable those features on this AP.

Best Regards,

Thanks.