cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why WAP321 not connect to 300 Mbps

vigosystemsl
Level 1
Level 1

When I connect to WAP321 only connects at 130 Mbps. Why?

3 Replies 3

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Can you give a little more detail on your setup. What kind of signal are you trying to use, G, N, Mixed?

What encryption type are you using, WPA, WPA2? TKIP, AES?

One thing to check is make sure that all drivers are up to date. Not only the WPA, but wireless NICs as well.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Alejandro my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community.You can  check this post, maybe this could be help you with your problem

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3761962#3761962

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered.. Please rate post you consider useful.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Clayton Sill
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Alejandro,

I just wanted to add on to Erics notes here as well. There are many factors you have to look at when being able to connect at 300mbps. It counts on what type of wireless nic you have and what your wireless settings are in the WAP321. At first you need to make sure if your wireless nic can even connect up to 300mbps.. for example my laptops wireless nic can only connect up to 150mbps.. so on 20mhz I get a max of 72mbps and on 40mhz I get 150mbps. If you do have a wireless card that connects up to 300mbps then you should see 144mbps on a 20mhz band and 300mbps on a 40mhz band.

Also wireless interferance will cause reduce in wireless speeds and if someone is connecting to the wireless AP on G speeds it will cause a impact as well.

So pretty much check on what type of wireless nic you have and set the AP to 40mhz.. just be mindful of what other devices will be connecting to your AP because they may not be able to handle 40mhz band.

Hope that helps!,

Thanks,

Clayton Sill