Helpful
Replies

Wireless connection on RV340W gets broken, especially 2.4G disappears

genri.m
Level 1
Level 1
I assume it happens after 
kernel: [41820.446622] wl0: fatal error, reinitializing

kernel: [41820.446607] wl0: Fatal error: Big hammer due to increasing rxanyerror

kernel: [41820.384108] br-vlan1: received packet on wl0 with own address as source address

kernel: [41771.390752] wl0: turn sta MFP setting on with sha1

kernel: [41758.759746] wl0: Proxy STA e8:ab:fa:6b:53:ac link is already gone !!??

kernel: [41752.571847] wl0: wlc_dpc HAMMERING: MI_GP0 set
kernel: [41752.571852] wl0: fatal error, reinitializing

I found that this issue was fixed in 1.0.02.16 but I have a latest  1.0.03.26 installed and it still occurs.. Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas how to fix it?

I can upload full log if needed..
5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

-FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvj84327?rfs=iqvred

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks, @marce1000 !

As I see from this post the reboot helped them. In my case it doesn't really help. I tried rebooting and even resetting the router, but I still get this issue. In my case  2.4G Wireless connection is disconnected and I don't see it when searching for the Wifis and the 5G connection cannot be connected. then after some time the router probably reboots the wireless and they're back to work or if I reboot the router they're back. But after few days it happens again..

It happened again today.. I've attached my log.

I'll be really thankful for any help or advice, as it's really annoying..

- You will need to escalate this to Cisco :  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Going to move this to the small business forum.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rich R
VIP
VIP

This is clearly a software bug so the only way to fix it is new software.

That link to CSCvj84327 which @marce1000 provided is probably the one causing your grief - longest bug notes I've ever seen I think!

The bug says fixed but no fixed release - probably means there is an experimental engineering version with the fix and the only way to get that is from TAC so like @marce1000 said you need to contact TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: