cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1040 AP Questions

jeremymann
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1040 AP on my network but I am having several issues with it but I think most of it is my lack of experience with Cisco products.  Hopefully I can get some questions I have about the AP answered here so I can help stabilize my wireless network. 

My first question is I thought this was a 802.11N but when I look at the Detailed Status it states that the Radio Type is AIR-AP1140Gand under Setting the data rates only go to 54mbs.  This might explain why when i perform LAN speed test over wifi I only get around 20mbs read/write speeds.

I have the newest firmware but this AP is very flakey.  I noticed on my iphone that I flucuate between 2 bars to full when I am standing within a few feet of the device and several people in the office complain about the same issue on laptops and mobile devices.

I may not have this device configured correctly so any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
My first question is I thought this was a 802.11N but when I look at the Detailed Status it states that the Radio Type is AIR-AP1140Gand under Setting the data rates only go to 54mbs.  This might explain why when i perform LAN speed test over wifi I only get around 20mbs read/write speeds.

Give us the full product number.  I would like to know (from the product number) whether or not you have single or dual radios.  The 1040 is an 2x2 MIMO "entry level" AP that will do 802.11n.

I have the newest firmware but this AP is very flakey.  I noticed on my iphone that I flucuate between 2 bars to full when I am standing within a few feet of the device and several people in the office complain about the same issue on laptops and mobile devices.

Could be channel interferrence causing this.