Views
Helpful
Replies

1200 Repeater Clients

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I have a project setup using a 1200 Access Point and a 1200 Workgroup Bridge mobile station, this setup is working great.

I want to extend the range by placing a 1200 in repeater mode on the edge of coverage then be able to move the WGB further along.

What is happening is the WGB is Roaming to the repeater but the clients on the WGB are not being passed through correctly, sometimes a few clients come across ok showing on the root AP as Rptr-client but so far no consistent results.

Any help is appreciated.

Jim

3 Replies 3

dixho
Level 6
Level 6

what are the IOS version of the AP, repeater, and WGB? Can you post the configuration of all the AP, repeater, and WGB please? More importantly, please do show dot11 association and sh bridge on all three devices when you experience problem.

This is a complicated problem. WGBs and repeaters use IAPP packets to update the root APs on the associated devices. You may need debug iapp packet to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks for the reply.

All three devices are AIR-AP1242AG-N-K9 running 12.4(21a)JA1

I have attached the config.txt of each device to this reply and I will post the other requested information shortly, I just need to set up .

When we run the system with just a WGB and AP it is flawless, we can even roam the WGB to other AP without losing data. It is the hop to the repeater that we start seeing random results.

Thanks,

Jim

Here are the associatons and bridge information

first file is when the WGB is directly associated to the Root AP

second file was taken when the WGB was having assocaition problems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card