Views
Helpful
Replies

1262N Bridge Questions

jcleary
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 2 Buildings located about 1000 Feet apart, I am replacing a failed Bridge and antennas that were working for several years,

I Have 2 1262 N AP's using AIR-ANT2460NP antennas on each, I have this working and I think i have this set up correctly in my lab.

But i have a couple of questions.

What speeds should i expect to see? I'm hoping for N Speeds

Is there a way to see which rate was negotiated?

Do i need to set the Antenna Gain to 6DB in the radio configurations?

Do these leads from the antennas need to be connected to a specific connector on the AP in the 2.4Ghz side?

and one more.

I have this set up as Root Bridge and non root bridge. Is there any reason i should do it this way over WGB? There are no clients connecting, Just a bridge here..

Thank you so much.

Joe

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on how the AP decide on its modulation, that will tell you what connection you will get.

This command will show you your connection info

show dot11 association [Client mac address - xxxx.xxxx.xxxx]

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Forgot:)

As far as the antenna connection goes, I would just make sure the middle lead is on the middle port. WGB is not needed, just to root to non root.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the reply..

These are the rates it is showing

1.0 , 2.0 , 5.5 , 11.0 , 6.0 , 9.0 , 12.0 , 18.0 , 24.0 , 36.0 , 48.0 , 54.0 ,  m0-2 , m1-2 , m2-2 , m3-2 , m4-2 , m5-2 , m6-2 , m7-2 , m8-2 , m9-2 , m10-2 ,  m11-2 , m12-2 , m13-2 , m14-2 , m15-2 Mb/sec

Any idea what the m0-1- though M15-2 mean?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card