Views
Helpful
Replies

1300 Wireless Bridges stopped working

Brandon zzzzzz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Can someone help me. I don't know a lot about how wireless bridges are configured or how to troubleshoot them.

One of our buildings network went down. Lets call it building Z. It connects to our main network through a wireless bridge instead of a fiber cable. The other bridge is in building A. Everything in building A seems to be working. I can telnet and ping building A's bridge from my PC, but I can't ping/telnet building Z's switches or Bridge. 

I visited building Z and the switch looked good and I could console into the bridge directly. When I consoled into building Z's switch, I could ping the building Z's bridge but I couldnt ping building A's bridge.

Building A's bridge has a log with nothing but :
*June 8 00:20:54.344: %RADIUS-4-RADIUS_ALIVE: RADIUS server 172.16.XXXX has returned.
*June 8 00:21:46.888: %RADIUS-4-RADIUS_DEAD: RADIUS server 172.16.XXXXX: is not responding.
*June 8 00:21:46.888: %RADIUS-4-RADIUS_ALIVE: RADIUS server 172.16.XXXX: has returned.

Building Z's bridge log has

*Mar  1 12:50:11.578: %DOT11-4-CANT_ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, cannot associate: EAP authenticating

Note both bridges logs are have the date messed up and they don't match with each others time.

Building Z's console port:

show dot11 associations 

802.11 Client Stations on Dot11Radio0: 

SSID [AZ] : 

MAC Address    IP address      Device        Name            Parent         State     

XXX.XXX   XXXXXXXXXX     11g-bridge    XXXx -                       EAP-Assoc

1 Reply 1

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It looks like the bridges might be configured to authenticate using RADIUS instead of a pre-shared key, and one of them can't talk to the RADIUS server to complete the authentication.

Perhaps try restarting your RADIUS server.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card