Views
Helpful
Replies

1400 Series Question

Matt Cooper
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We recently had a thunderstorm w/ heavy rain come through and after that one of our AIR-BR1410A-A-K9-N stopped associating to our other 1400 bridge.

We could still SSH into it, etc, so it seemed fine. The alignment of the antennas was also fine, which lead to possible water damage on the radio.

My main question is, how can you tell if a radio is bad from a command stand point? Is there any specific radio commands to troubleshoot if it's good or bad?

Thank you,
Matt.

18 Replies 18

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What does your show interface show ? Is there errors ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

The bridge is already being replaced. Would checking the errors on the dot110 radio provide us any information?

Oh, didnt know it was repalced. I had a bad bridge once and although everything looked ok the radio was showing high TX amd RX errors. I also had exepreince when I got water in the antenna once.

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

When you reboot the bridge and you console into the bridge do you see any errors during the boot up ?

So really from a CLI command standpoint, there's really no 100% way to determine if the radio is bad?

Thank you.

I don't believe so. Everything functioned as normal (I don't have access to the bridge) currently. Mainly was trying to learn about a few CLI commands that could possibly help troubleshooting a bad radio in the future.

For me when I had the problem. I did a show interface and looked at TX and RX. This was an indication that I either had a bad antenna or radio.

Still searching for some other commands. Striking out at the moment..

Dot11Radio0 is up, line protocol is up

Hardware is 802.11A Radio, address is 0011.2069.d3d5 (bia 0011.2069.d3d5)

MTU 1500 bytes, BW 54000 Kbit, DLY 1000 usec,

reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255

Are you referring to this? Would say 150/255 be bad?

George, would you mind answering the above question?

Thank you.

Hi Matt,

Sorry, Ive been blasted the last few days.

Looking at the 1/255 is very concerning for starters. What does your replacment bridge show ? 255/255 is perfect, but 1/255 isnt.

I normally look at retires and errors on the interface, but this would require conencting the bridges together. Where did you get this info, from the bad bridges? And was it connected to another bridge when you collected this info ?

The bridge was replaced, it was indeed a bad antenna from water damage. However, when I do a show int dot110 it shows the loads still as 1/255 for both TX and RX ? -75 RSSI. End-users seem to work on it fine.

Also,  i'd say the distance the bridges are going to is about half a mile. (Rough guess)

let me check a set of bridges I have installed .. brb

XXXXe#show interfaces dot11Radio 0

Dot11Radio0 is up, line protocol is up

Hardware is 802.11A Radio, address is 0012.430e.0017 (bia 0012.430e.0017)

MTU 1500 bytes, BW 54000 Kbit/sec, DLY 1000 usec,

reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255

Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set

ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00

Last input never, output 00:00:00, output hang never

Last clearing of "show interface" counters never

Input queue: 0/1127/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0

Queueing strategy: fifo

Output queue: 0/30 (size/max)

5 minute input rate 34000 bits/sec, 27 packets/sec

5 minute output rate 12000 bits/sec, 10 packets/sec

343699913 packets input, 4124757608 bytes, 0 no buffer

Received 0 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles

0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored

0 input packets with dribble condition detected

211316098 packets output, 1201424488 bytes, 0 underruns

0 output errors, 0 collisions, 2 interface resets

0 unknown protocol drops

0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred

0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier

0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out

SJOpportunitySlaveBridge#

Mine is showing this as well and I have no reported issues. But here again I normally look at the input/output errors. When I had known bad antenna or radios these would rise quickly..

Ill need to look at the 1/255.. Thats peek my interest now ..

Well i hope thsi helps a little