cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1552s Sensor limits

kolive1001
Level 1
Level 1

Currently working with Cisco 1552s Access Points in a production environment. These APs are being used to monitor sensors in the production environment for safety monitoring. I have been searching for information on how many sensors one of these APs can handle. I have not been able to find any information on the capacity of this Access Point for sensors. Does anyone out there have this information or can you point me to it?

3 Replies 3

Hi

Dedicated sensor from other vendors requires one sensor for each 5 Access Points, of course, the sensor must be placed properly.   I believe Cisco sensor must follow the same math.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Jurgens L
Level 3
Level 3

Are you referring to wifi sensors to monitor your wifi environment or actual industrial sensors that connect back to the AP as end devices?

Ah sorry, I was referring as wifi monitoring.   

By Cisco definition, AP sensor means:

"When in sensor mode, the radio inside the Access Point functions much like a client would establishing a connection to the network (as a WLAN client) to allow the following tests/functions to be performed.

• Network Client Connection On-Boarding Tests
    • 802.11 Association

• 802.11 Authentication and Key Exchange

• IP Addressing DHCP (IPv4)

• General Network tests

• DNS (IPv4)

• RADIUS (IPv4)

• First Hop Router/Default gateway (IPv4)

• Intranet Host

• External Host (IPv4)

• Client Application tests"

In your situation, you are actually connect Sensor to the network using the Access Point, right? 

Why it would be different from regular clients? 

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card