cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1602E AP with ANT2544V4M-R antenna

dallace.butler
Level 1
Level 1

The ANT2544V4M-R has 4 cables, while the 1602E AP only has 3 connections. I'm not seeing any packets output on the dot11 radio interfaces, which leads me to believe the antennas aren't connected correctly. I am working remotely with an engineer to resolve this. Does anyone know which 3 of the 4 cables on the ANT2544V4M-R should be connected to the A,B, and C ports on the 1602e?

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the AP in controller-based or autonomous? 

Autonomous \ stand-alone

Please post the config.

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All Cisco antenna connectors are labeled A, B, C, and so on. A has a higher priority than B, C, or D; therefore, if the access point supports say three or four antennas and you only have two antennas, use ports A and B until you could install the additional antennas.

It is possible to support 802.11a/b/g clients or single spatial stream N clients with only one or two antennas. Cisco does not recommend this because there is a significant degradation of performance, and ClientLink functionality is lost. If you choose to use fewer antennas, configure the access point in software to not use the other antennas.

Note The entry-level AP 1600 has three antenna ports that are not configurable

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/apdeploy/Cisco_Aironet.html#pgfId-44907

Thank you for the additional information and link. 

I'm still not clear on how the antenna cables should be connected though. What is the A-B-C-D cable layout for the ANT2544V4M-R antenna? 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card