Views
Helpful
Replies

1832i cli hangs after bootup

M-Square
Level 1
Level 1

I have an odd problem, wondering if someone has seen it

I have an 1832i that was in capwap mode.  I was converting to ME and after that things went down hill.

The 1832i sli was working hence I was able to login and point it to the tftp server to download the ME .tar file.  Everything looked normal.  After it boots though the cli hands at the below prompt.  The console simply will not accept inputs from the console.  I even tired to copy and past, nothing.  Scrolling through the boot syntax I can see reference to 9600/8n1 so I think the serial interface setup with the correct baud etc.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Hostname is not compliant to RFC !.
Hostname can contain max of 24 characters namely Upper/lowercase letters,numbers,dot,hyphen.
Hostname should always start with an alphabet and should not end with '.' or '-'.
PnP config is saved to storage

Configuring management interface
Enabling mgmt via wireless
Enabling Provisioning SSID
SSID: CiscoAirProvision, Admin Status: 1, Interface Name: management, 802.11 Auth: WPA2-PSK, Wi-Fi Protected Access : Enabled

(Cisco Controller)

Cisco Aironet 1830 Series Mobility Express
Welcome to the Cisco Wizard Configuration Tool
Use the '-' character to backup

Enter Administrative User Name (24 characters max):

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try a different computer.  Maybe the application used for the console needs to be rebooted?

M-Square
Level 1
Level 1

Seem to have located the issue, serial port on PC needed a kick.  

Also - from my experience certain USB-serial cables just don't work with certain APs so switching to a different brand of cable can sometimes help.  Otherwise the usual culprits - change/update the cable driver, reboot the PC, delete and re-discover the cable from device manager.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card