cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1832i Not Broadcasting SSIDs

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Wondering if anyone has seen an issue where an 1832i running Mobility Express won't broadcast any SSIDs.  This is a single unit system and the AP joins the controller and if you ssh to the AP and do a "show int brief" you see it says the radios are up.  I tried disabling/enabling the radios, same for the broadcast, but no change.  I even tried turning the power all the way up but there's no change either.  It's possibly a physical issue but the housing looks fine.  

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can the radios go bad, yes they can.  A good thing to do is console into the ap and reboot it.  See if you see any errors or messages that shows the radios state.  You configured this from scratch as a ME AP?  You created an SSID from the GUI and enabled the radios from the ME GUI?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, it was configured from scratch as ME.  I can try converting it to capwap and see if the results are different.  I'll get a console on it during a reboot and see if I can post the results.  Yes, I did the configuration changes in the GUI.  I ssh'ed to the AP after not seeing any SSIDs being broadcast to see what the AP showed.  

If you configure the ap to capwap, then you will need a controller.  As long as you have configured ME and you can hit the GUI, you should be able to configure the SSID's and also the AP itself.  You should see the ap joined to the ME.  Need to make sure you have the country code, ntp defined and all the other configurations.

You should post some screen shots so we at least can have some reference.  From the GUI, show the ap is joined and your country code and SSID.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks for the reply.  The AP seems to be joined properly and everything looks like a normal ME setup from the ones I've done in the past.  I'll grab the console output from the AP later, but here is the screen shot for reference. 

ap joined.JPG

(Cisco Controller) >show country 

Configured Country............................. US  - United States
Configured Country Codes
US  - United States............................. 802.11a Indoor,Outdoor / 802.11b / 802.11g

(Cisco Controller) >show inventory 

Burned-in MAC Address............................ 00:59:DC:XX:XX:XX
Maximum number of APs supported.................. 50

NAME: "Mobility Express"    , DESCR: "Cisco Aironet 1830 Series Mobility Express"

PID: AIR-AP1832I-B-K9,  VID: V02,  SN: KWCXXXXXXXX

Would there be any information that I can post that might be helpful?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card