cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

(2) 1300 bridges stop working

sticano
Level 1
Level 1

I have (2) buildings connected with 1300 bridges. I have routers behind both bridges peering with EIGRP. Everything works fine when setting it up and testing. When we go live, and have the users go over the wireless link, after about 15 minutes the bridges will seize up and stop transmitting. Anyone ever have something like this happen??

5 Replies 5

howardh
Level 1
Level 1

Yep - we've had the same thing...

Played around for weeks and never really found the problem.

I'm thinking of trying some Meraki mesh units.

Howard

It looks like other people have seen this as well, but no cures. We have been seeing the message ?deauthenticating station" on the root bridge right before the connection drops. We took off all security, and it still behaves this way. I have a TAC case open but they have provided zero help as of yet.

Hi all, I'm experiencing the same issue with two c1310 bridges with 12.4.3g-JA1(ED) IOS on it. Please come back if TAC provides something usefull!!

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

Is there clear LOS between the buildings? What is the signal strength you are getting between the bridges?

We have a Cisco yagi directional antennae on the source building and are going about 200 feet.

I did clear some branches out of one small tree that was somewhat in the way, and that helped, but radio strength hasn't been the problem in our case.

Our problem is the far end unit just randomly shuts down the radio interface.

We don't have smartnet on those units, so I'm on my own...

Howard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: