Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Cisco 2504 controllers but different software versions

erwee1973
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am configuring two 2504 controllers, which I ordered together, however they run different software versions and I don't have a contract/ login to download wlan controller software from the Cisco website.

The one with the newest version runs 7.2.103.0 while the other one runs 7.0.220.0

I want to run them together in the same subnet and use them for redundancy (10 AP's will connect)

Is there a way I can download the software from the controller, just like I am able to do with an ASA firewall? Then I can upload it to the controller with the older software version.

Thank you and regards,

Ralph Willemsen

Arnhem, Netherlands

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Ralph,

No, you can not download the code from the WLC. You can contact your reseller and request the firmware.

If you have a contact with Cisco sales team you can tell them and they can open a TAC case for your behalf to publish you the code.

If your device is under warranty you can send your serial number to tac@cisco.com along with your CCO ID. They will publish you the image if the device is under warranty. (or if it is under valid contract but you don't have the contract number).

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Talk to your authrorized Cisco reseller and request for the firmware. 

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Ralph,

No, you can not download the code from the WLC. You can contact your reseller and request the firmware.

If you have a contact with Cisco sales team you can tell them and they can open a TAC case for your behalf to publish you the code.

If your device is under warranty you can send your serial number to tac@cisco.com along with your CCO ID. They will publish you the image if the device is under warranty. (or if it is under valid contract but you don't have the contract number).

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Thank you, I have contacted Cisco and sent them all details.

With kind regards,

Ralph

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card