Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Mbti/s bandwith average on a C9117AXI and 9800-CL controler

fcorfdir
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I deploy a new cisco 9800-CL VMware vm and attache some AP 9117AXI to it. I configure some stuff in central switching mode to have the wifi deploy. I test bandwith between AP vlan and the Controleur vlan with iperf and obtain around 800 Mbit/s. I also test bandwith between the user vlan wifi central switching and internal network and also obtain 800 Mbit/s.

but when I using the wireless network (2meter between the laptop, or phone and the cisco AP) I obtain a stable 2 Mbti/s of bandwith never more.

I apply all cisco recommandation regarding the mandatory / supported /disable  off bandwith in 2.4 and 5 Ghrz radio.

I change the access point without any result.

I downgrade the controleur to 17.3.3 and upgrade it to the latest 17.5.1

I review all the config without find Nothing.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what phone ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Android samsung S9 / lenovo laptop 802.11ac and a HP laptop 802.11n

all the same result

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Recommendations are done based on a common use case, always validate whether this recommendations are valid in your environment before applying them. Now how did you measure this 2Mb bandwidth? What type of traffic was used? Depending on the client capabilities and RF environment negotiated data rates and speed may vary. Have documented any of the below during your above tests?

RSSI

MCS rate

Channel-width

Channel

Radio

etc.

Also make sure that ur client devices are connecting with latest drivers.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What I would like to know is what is the iPerf test from a wireless device to a wired iPerf server?  You should also test implementing FlexConnect local switching so you have more data to understand what is working and what is not. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

yes, I am going to switch to flexconnect local to do more test.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card