Views
Helpful
Replies

2500 as anchor / compatibility and limitations

sniff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

with FW 7.4.100.0 a 2500 controller works as anchor controller, now.

I have 3 questions.

1) What are the limitations? 15 EoIP tunnel, Clients? something else?

2) Have Cisco a compatibility matrix about Anchor - Foreign Firmware? (Example works 7.4.100.0 anchor with 7.0.x.x foreign?)

3) A controller works only as anchor. A controller version with lowest AP licence is needed. Right?

Thanks and regards

Sven         

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html#wp102554

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) What are the limitations? 15 EoIP tunnel, Clients? something else?

Cisco 2500 Series Wireless LAN Controllers can now act as guest anchors and up to 15 EoIP tunnels are supported.

and I would think it is stil 500 clients max as well.

2) Have Cisco a compatibility matrix about Anchor - Foreign Firmware? (Example works 7.4.100.0 anchor with 7.0.x.x foreign?)

yup, so long as you are in the 7.x it should work...I'll see if I can't find the link

3) A controller works only as anchor. A controller version with lowest AP licence is needed. Right?

Well, 'needed' isn't the right word.  You can be licensed for any number of AP, but the lowest makes the best sense.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html#wp102554

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Hello Stephen,

thanks for your answer.

Regards

Sven

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card