Views
Helpful
Replies

2504 not booting

MartijnSpaan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Our 2504 was working fine for years, until it failed last week.

the console is showing this:

WLCNG Boot Loader Version 1.0.20 (Built on Jan 9 2014 at 19:02:44 by cisco)
Board Revision 0.0 (SN: XXXXXXXXX, Type: AIR-CT2504-K9) (P)

Verifying boot loader integrity... OK.

OCTEON CN5230C-SCP pass 2.0, Core clock: 750 MHz, DDR clock: 330 MHz (660 Mhz data rate)
CPU Cores: 4
DRAM: 1024 MB

Then nothing happens... ive taken out the Flash card and can see 4 partitions, 3 EXT, 1 undefined.. i can even read the files from the flash disk.. seems fine.

With or without the flash card installed, the same error, and it doesnt continue to boot.

Does anyone know what the problem is and if this can be fixed?

thanks!

best regards

Martijn

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks to me memory issue here, or the hardware is faulty. since this model is going to be EOL soon, if you have contract contact TAC

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/2504-wireless-controller/eos-eol-notice-c51-740645.html

see the boot process after your message what message to expect :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/68835-wlc-upgrade.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

MartijnSpaan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi BB,

ive taken out the memory, then the output doesnt show the DDR clock anymore. Will see and try if I can get this processed through TAC

thanks

sure i expected to pass the next level as shown in the boot process, but since it has not passed so I am in the conclusion of hardware fault.

good luck with TAC, I am sure they do RMA soon, Hope you have backup config

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>Our 2504 was working fine for years, until it failed last week.
 - Sure looks like the hardware broke down , you may try factory reset (too) as a last resort attempt to get it going 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

MartijnSpaan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marce1000

It doesnt go any further than just this output, there is no response from any keystroke on the console..and the reset button is only doing a system reset.

is there another button / combination or procedure to do a factory reset..

and..if this is a flash failure, is there any general image available i can reflash another flash card with?

thanks

- I only found https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/need-help-wlc-2504-reset-factory/td-p/3404808#:~:text=To%20factory%20reset%20a%20WLC,reboot%20and%20remove%20all%20config., which is clearly not applicable. Doubt the problem is with the flash, for general image etc, you need to contact TAC ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card