cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2600 and 3600 access points site survey

gmckay2e2
Level 1
Level 1

I know that the deployment guide for 2600/3600 access points states that if you have surveyed for a 3600 deployment, you don't need to survey again for a 2600 deployment. As the the 3600 is the higher specification model, is it safe to assume the reverse? I.e. a site survey carried out using 2600 access points is valid for a 3600 deployment, or is this too simplistic?          

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should be fine.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here is the key ..

Survey at 12.5mW and you give youself room to power up if there is issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi everyone,

I need to know which Cisco AP to recommend for a 5m by 15m warehouse. The AP should be able to integrate with active directory for authentication.

your urgent response will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advanced.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use any of the Cisco AP's for this as any of the access points can support radius which is required in your setup. The model doesn't help since the FCC regulates the power for wireless. If your looking for a standalone autonomous look at the 1142 or the 1262 if you require external antennas.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your response. Can either of the 1142 or 1262 AP be integrated with active directory. I want the users to get authentication prompt when they connect to the wireless.

Is that possible or I must use a radius server?

Thanks for unconditional support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card