Views
Helpful
Replies

2600 AP throughput with Client Link 2.0

lee.messenger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone please clarify the maximum throughput of a 2600 AP when using CLient Link 2.0.  I see that the datasheet states that it is 450mbps, however,  from my understanding of transmit beamforming (client link 2.0), when traffic is "beamformed" to a client it cannot use spatial multiplexing on

the same antenna as well.  If this is the case, with the 2600 only having 3 transmit antennas,  does this mean that the max throughput to a client when using clientlink is 300mb ?

If not, can someone explain how the AP transmit at 450mbps and beamforms at the same time

Thanks

15 Replies 15

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In all fairness I don't buy into cisco client link. Help me understand by seeing client link in action. What commands can I run on the wlc ?

Andrew did his own test which btw he is a very gifted engineer. One of a few who is a ccie wireless and cwne. He was very clear In his independent testing.

As for your Ruckus statement. We are all allowed to have our own opinions. :)

Ruckus prides themselves with their antenna technology. And I would have to agree based on what I have seen so far.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin