cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2602 no console output

Goga
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone! I have connected console cable to my new AIR-CAP2602I, but there is no output from AP. It is connected to 2960-S PoE switch and getting IP address from DHCP server, but i cannot connect to it by telnet or ssh. Only icmp responds. I also installed vWLC 8.0 and there are messages in log:

*spamApTask5: Feb 18 14:48:05.339: #LOG-3-Q_IND: spam_lrad.c:1689 Ignoring discovery request received on a wrong VLAN (48) on interface (1) in L3 LWAPP mode from AP 

and 

*spamApTask5: Feb 18 14:48:05.339: #CAPWAP-3-DISC_MAX_DOWNLOAD: capwap_ac_sm.c:1939 Ignoring discovery request from AP

Is there any way to get access to this type of AP?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That isn't a good check:)  Many others on the forum ran into the same issue and tried connecting to a switch or router to verify. This doesn't work... Test with connecting to another AP.  Others had to use a different usb to serial adapter to get it to work.  

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Seems like you might have an issue with your cosole cable or your settings (9600 8-n-1).  You should see output from the APs console so try a different laptop and usb to serial adapter. 

AP join to a vWLC depends if you have your vWLC setup properly.  From a wired laptop on the vlan the ap is on, can you ping the management interface of the vWLC and also the service port?  You should not have any connectivity between the management and the service port!!!! That is important.  

Here is a doc to review:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/4400-series-wireless-lan-controllers/99948-lap-notjoin-wlc-tshoot.html

-Scott

-Scott

Scott, thank you for answer. Cable was successfully checked with cisco 3745 router. After some manipulations with licences on vWLC my AP joined to a vWLC, but still not sending any information to console cable.

That isn't a good check:)  Many others on the forum ran into the same issue and tried connecting to a switch or router to verify. This doesn't work... Test with connecting to another AP.  Others had to use a different usb to serial adapter to get it to work.  

-Scott

-Scott

I only can tell you that the cables to go usb to serial works and the one I use now is this:

http://www.get-console.com/shop/en/usb-to-serial-cables/57-usb-serial-cable-rj45-180cm.html

Along with their AirConsole.  I'm not saying you need this, but try a different use to serial and hopefully you have another APti test console on too.

-Scott

-Scott

You were right. Another USB-to-Serial adapter shows output from my AP. Thank you!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card