Views
Helpful
Replies

2602E not joining controller

roycemathew
Level 1
Level 1

hi All,

I have a scenario where my 2602E is not joining a controller in US. AP is in Netherlands.

AP: AIR-CAP2602E-E-K9

Logs on WLC 5508:

*spamApTask4: Jan 29 10:26:37.398: 18:9c:5d:9b:4d:00 Bridge AP can not join MultiCountry Controller: Bridge mode AP 10.130.90.11:63313 cannot be supported on Multi Country Controll
*spamApTask4: Jan 29 10:26:37.406: 18:9c:5d:9b:4d:00 State machine handler: Failed to process  msg type = 3 state = 0 from 10.130.90.11:63313

is there a way i can change the bridge mode from this AP to normal or Local so that it can be useD?

Any help will be great.

thanks

Royce

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

roycemathew
Level 1
Level 1

All,

i have got solution for this situation from Cisco to convert an LWAP.

Scenario: If WAP is delivered with MeshAP mode or image - this is not at all normal as per Cisco and hence this can be considered as a slip/mistake.

Steps:

1. #debug capwap console cli
  2. test mesh mode local - this will change the mode from MeshAP to Local mode.

Now the WAP should join a WLC and complete the process as normal.Now we dont need to exclude the AP in AUth list.

Hope this helps someone.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will need to console into that AP and erase the nvram.  There is not other way to get that AP to join as its in bridge mode for some reason.

debug capwap console cli
erase /all nvram:

[confirm]

undebug all

reload

[confirm]

-Scott
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

so for this WAP there is no i can just login on console and try this? i tried telnet and was not happening. So doing above will it remove bridge mode from AP?

I have a scenario where my 2602E is not joining a controller in US. AP is in Netherlands.

Controller in the US and the AP in the Netherlands.  

So this means the WLC is configured for two different (and conflicting) regulatory domain.  IF disable US from the controller will the AP join?

if i disable Country code from WLC wont tat also create issue with other WAP's currently working?

if i disable Country code from WLC wont tat also create issue with other WAP's currently working?

I am suspecting the issue is that there are TWO (2) conflicting regulatory domain being configured to the WLC and this is why the European-based AP won't join the controller.  

If you disable the US and enable only Europe and see if the AP joins.  If the AP joins (and kicks out the US) then you know this is your answer. 

you are right. thats my situation, as shown in my logs its due to Multi country code on WLC to accomadate European AP on a US WLC. This WAP is in Mesh mode and i wanted to know whether we have a way to get this changed to normal? if yes how.

But by disabling US country code if existing WAP's will go offline then i dont want this option.

Same thing.  MESH AP will not support multiple and conflicting regulatory domain codes.

Just want to let you know (and ease any future "pain") that this issue is about to change since the Cisco has introduced "universal country regulatory domain" of "-UX".  

The app for the iPhone can be found HERE.

For Android, it’s found HERE.

Cisco Aironet Universal AP Priming and Cisco AirProvision User Guide

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This issue normally arises due to mismatching regulatory domains between the controller and the AP. You need to get it synchronized.

roycemathew
Level 1
Level 1

All,

i have got solution for this situation from Cisco to convert an LWAP.

Scenario: If WAP is delivered with MeshAP mode or image - this is not at all normal as per Cisco and hence this can be considered as a slip/mistake.

Steps:

1. #debug capwap console cli
  2. test mesh mode local - this will change the mode from MeshAP to Local mode.

Now the WAP should join a WLC and complete the process as normal.Now we dont need to exclude the AP in AUth list.

Hope this helps someone.

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

check the following.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card