Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2700 series AP

I recently bought an 2702E IOS AP and configured one SSID for 2.4Ghz/5Ghz radio for site survey purpose. I was able to connect with 2.4 but not with 5 Ghz radio, 5 Ghz radio keep going to "Scanner" mode anyone know why? i have disabled 5 Ghz radio and set to AP mode but it is keep going back to scanner mode. 

I have similar configuration for 2600 series access points and it works fine. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kumaran

2 Replies 2

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this an universal AP, then you need to be primed the access point.

For both lightweight and autonomous mode access points that are awaiting manual priming, both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios are on. SSIDs will broadcast only on the 2.4 GHz band, but at a lower power level that is acceptable in all regulatory domains. SSIDs will not be broadcast on the 5 GHz radio until the AP is primed. The 5 GHz radio will operate in scanner mode and cannot be altered to any other station-role until the AP is primed.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/ux-ap/guide/uxap-mobapp-g.html#92115

Yes it is universal AP and i have already changed to autonomous mode. Both radios are on but clients are only connect to 2.4 Ghz radio but not with 5 Ghz. As soon i disabled 2.4GHz on the client device disconnect it won't connect to 5 Ghz radio.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card