Views
Helpful
Replies

2800 and 3800 AP controller support

stevemk1atou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I notice on the datasheets for the 2800 and 3800 access points that the 5760 controller is not listed under the supported wireless controllers section.  Does anyone know if this will be added at a later date, if at all ?

Also, will ios 16 make its way to the 5760?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-3800-series-access-points/datasheet-c78-736498.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-2800-series-access-points/datasheet-c78-736497.html

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

I notice on the datasheets for the 2800 and 3800 access points that the 5760 controller is not listed under the supported wireless controllers section.  Does anyone know if this will be added at a later date, if at all ?

I am sure it will. but do not have any idea when that code will be released

Also, will ios 16 make its way to the 5760?

IOS-XE 16.x code is going to be available for many other platforms like CAT2K,3K,4K ,etc. I am sure 5760 also going to support future releases of this code.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Thanks for the reply, I will keep a watch on the code releases...

You have a great blog by the way, I have found it very useful in the past.

Hi Steve,

Good to know you are a fan of my blog :)

Regards

Rasika

On a similar note, the data sheets for the 2800 (2802i in my case) SPECIFICALLY say that the Wireless Controller Module for ISR G2 is supported.

Since the latest software available for those (mine is an ISM-SRE-300) is 7.4.150.0 and you need 8.2.111.0 minimum to run the 2800-3800 AP's.  I know mobility express is an option, but I really want to use my WLC module in the ISR G2.  They list on the EOL page for the ISM that they will stop developing software / bug fixes for it March, 2017.   I've a good TAC looking into this, but they don't have anything to day.  This data sheet influenced my decision to buy 10 of these things.  Not to mention I have $3,000 wrapped up in the module cost, plus licensing to handle 10 AP's (the ISM 300 maxes out at 10 AP's).  I think I read somewhere that either the 7.4.150.0 software didn't do 802.11ac or the module wasn't meant to handle 802.11ac.

Can anyone shed some light here?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card