cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2Q's. 1852i CME Vpn services? Multiple Controllers 2504/1852i pro's con's.

D. STM
Level 1
Level 1

I got 1852i, loaded CME, seemed ok, but was missing the stuff my 2504 has on it at work, so I hunted for a good buy on 2504 bundle picked that up, set it up, with 2702i's, plan was to add 1852i to it as an AP (demote it down) that didn't go so easily as stated, so I finally got the 1852i backup as a it's own CME again. So I was pondering the pro's cons of using 2 controllers, possibly on different subnets, this way I would play with some of the features of the 1852i, newer images, dual gig ports, setup a lag on separate vlan, etc. Will this cause any issues, I know you have to make sure you don't put it on the network where there is already a controller as a master, as it will attempt to take it over. Just thought about separate subnet, and vlan possible.

Thoughts on this ? Anyone, pro's con's.

Other question is, when I see the 1852i boot, it appears there are many things more that could be setup in the CLI than the gui, one particular I sene was VPN services, is there documentation on this? Could I set this up as an AP controller, and hard code VPN tunnel back to a remote site over a connection to my ASA, that was my first thoughts.  Any one have the documentation on this? 

Figure with the 2504 and the 2 2702i's, that's plenty I don't need to waste this 1852i as a heavy big AP, I could use it other ways, please give me your thoughts, comments, etc.

Thank You,

LFX.

1 Reply 1

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you put it on a separate network with a separate SSID it will be fine.

I don't know about other options for the 1852, but would be surprised if it had VPN capability.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card