cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

340 an 350 problem. lossing connectivity NEED HELP

sguerrero
Level 1
Level 1

I have 4 sites connected with 340 and 350 bridges. Without any change in configuration and not at any specific hour, I am loosing connectivity with the 350 points. I receive a message of "lost authentication with pair"

I have tried using different channels, using encryption, modifying the spanning tree configuration, but still have the same problem, only lose 350s.

I need help to solve this problem.

These links were working properly, the problem started when I installed a wireless LAN in one of the locations, using another vendor product.

Thanks for any suggestion.

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Is the message appears as "lost authentication with parent".? I have seen in some scenarios the error message coming as "lost authentication with parent". But have not come across anything like "lost authentication with pair". So I am assuming that it is" parent not pair". Did this happen when WEP was enabled? If so, I think the issue might be with the firmware and upgradation to newer version will solve the issue.

ED CARMODY
Level 4
Level 4

the answer to your problem may lie in your last sentence.

Could parts of your in-building wlan be operating on the same frequency as your bridge link? If so, it sounds like you are interfering with yourself.

Scrutinize the coverage and channel plan for your inbuilding wlan, and try to keep aps that are physically closer to your bridge on different channels. Also, try using more directional antennae on either the aps or the bridge to keep signal where its supposed to be going, and away from your other devices. Dish antennae are used to eliminate interference from adjacent systems as much as they are used to get more distance.

It can also help to turn the power down on your inbuilding aps to keep them from reaching your bridge antenna. To compensate for the decreased coverage, you may have to place more aps.

If you have a really tough problem, sometimes it is possible to shield your antennae and bridge from the inbuilding systems by using large rolls of metallic window screen.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card