Views
Helpful
Replies

340AP as Client?

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I would appreciate help configuring a WLAN using 3 340AP's:

I intend to use one 340AP as the Root/Access Point.

I have not been able to successfully configure the two remaing 340's as CLIENTS. I have association with the client 340's, and using a crossover cat5E cable I have Lan lights on the Client PC and ethernet port of the Client 340, but no ethernet traffic. I have set all radios to static IP's in the range of our LAN, and they show in the association tables of the 340 access point, but there appears to be blocking at the ethernet ports?

Any hints will be appreciated!

Paul.

2 Replies 2

dave.reid
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure I understand your description, but I think what you need is the Workgroup Bridge.

Hi Paul,

Any of the AP's (340's 350's 1200's 1100's etc) can NOT do the toplogy

ethernet --AP ----wireless --AP--- ethernet

The ONLY way you can do this topolgy is either 2 BR350's or an AP and a WGB as long as there is less than 8 MAC addresses behind the WGB

The AP in client mode will simply associate to the root AP and is only intended as a tool for site survey to do a radio link test, it will NOT repeat radio traffic and will not pass traffic to the ethernet

In Repeater mode it will extend the range of the root AP buy repeating the signal on the radio side but will NOT pass any traffic on the ethernet port

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card