cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

350 Access Point Blocking

DAVID BREECE
Level 1
Level 1

I have had a 350 AP setup for many years.  Recently users are having problems connecting to it.  In the advanced settings it sais forwarding state "Blocking".  It should say forwarding state "Forwarding".  I understand if the AP has no connections it will go into a "Blocking" state.Even if I re-boot the AP and connect to it, it still will say "Blocking". I have two other AP's at the same location, they work fine. Can anyone shed some light?

I have 3 Cisco 350 Series AP 12.00T.  in the setup menu under AP Radio Advanced 2 of them say Forwarding State Forwarding. 1 AP says Forwarding State Blocking. When attempting to connect to the blocking AP through a wireless workstation the connection is always limited. A proper connection cannot be made. Even After reboot a connection cannot be made.

I know all of tthe following and it does not help:

Check your configuration and make sure that packet forwarding is enabled on the Ethernet Advanced Page. Also make sure you have clients associated to the AP. If there are no clients associated, then the AP will automatically go into Blocking State. The following is an excerpt from this URL:http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350scg/ap350ch3.htm#wp1025620

"The forwarding state displays the port's current forwarding state. The state for normal operation is Forwarding. Four other settings are possible:

•Unknown—The state cannot be determined.

•Disabled—Forwarding capabilities are disabled.

•Blocking—The port is blocking transmission. Blocking is always displayed when there are no clients associated to the access point.

•Broken—This state reports an Ethernet port failure "

3 Replies 3

DAVID BREECE
Level 1
Level 1

Am I in the right forum? Maybe the best answer is to throw this product out and buy another one. I can't believe I havn't had a single reply in 2 weeks.

David,

We had a customer experience the same thing after the bridges were temporarily disconnected and a (long!) cable run between sites as an experiment.  Now they are having problems passing traffic and the radio interface shows forwarding state of blocking even though the bridges are clearly associated.

Did you ever solve your problem?

thomas03usmcsf
Level 1
Level 1

Haven't used a 350 in over 6 years, maybe time to retire the little black box.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card