Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3502e lightweight wireless image download lists recovery only

Hello,

I'm new to working with wireless and Cisco downloads and I have a question about how the full/recovery images are maintained by Cisco. 

While searching for software for a 3502e lightweight AP issue, I noticed that the image file on my device - ap3g1-k9w8-mx.153-3.JA3 - is only available for download as a recovery image.

My question is:  why is the main image missing from the download section?  I'm just trying to understand how Cisco manages software life/releases.

Thank you.  I appreciate the help.

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The access point will get the image from the controller based on the controller code.  The recovery image or rcv, is an image that allows the AP to join.  Autonomous images are different than lightweight.

-Scott

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for replying. Yes, I know the AP will pull the correct image.  I was wondering why other lightweight images had both the regular and recovery images listed but the 153-3.JA3 only lists a recovery.

Thanks again,

Daniel

It's for Universal AP's

Cisco Aironet Universal Access Points

Install only Cisco IOS Release 15.3(3)JA1 and newer releases on Cisco Aironet Universal Access Point models. Do not install older Cisco IOS releases on Cisco Aironet Universal Access Point models as that is a violation of local radio regulations and laws.

-Scott 

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card