Views
Helpful
Replies

3504 setup to Mobility express

vishal77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone let me know how can I migrate my physical 3504 wireless setup to Cisco mobility express virtual wireless controller setup.

Any document or link for same will be highly appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You can’t. The 3504 supports AireOS and Mobility Express is when you don’t have a controller and want to use a compatible ME access point as a controller. You are better off with a controller that implementing Mobility Express.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello Scott,

Thanks for your help.

Actually my client want to have a backup plan incase 3504 wireless setup have some challenges and have to switch to ME mobility express removing 3504 physical controller from network.

What are the precaution or procedure need to follow for such cases

They are two different setups. Mobility Exoress backup are other AP’s capable of being a Mobility Express controller. 3504 is different from Mobility Express. You are better off with two 3504 than using Mobility Express if you ask me.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

As Scott writes, who 3504 is the suggested way to go forward.
If it's a really small setup, you could also re-create it on Mobility Express and then denote a second of the APs as Master-Backup. In case the Master ME goes down, the designated Backup will take over its role. In this case you would need to remove the 3504 completely and re-create the whole setup from scratch.

Thanks Buddy

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card