Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3702i - Setting Domain - AirProvision does not work

Got my hands on a 3702i.  It was supposed to be an AIR-CAP3702I-A-K9, but what I reecived was an AIR-AP3702I-UXK9.

5ghz radio will only sit in "station-mode scanner" until I change the domain, which seems to require AirProvision, rather than a CLI command (this is ridiculous, but, whatever).

I've configured an SSID on the Do0/2.4ghz radio, I can join the SSID, Internet access functions through it, all is well in that regard.

With the iPhone AirProvision app, it chooses the AP (correctly, based on the MAC, but will not "auto" login with default creds, nor will it if I specify the creds directly.  Claims that it "Failed to get IP address of AP"

Using the AirProvision app on an Android, I have to manually choose the MAC of the AP/SSID, it then prompts me for the PSK to join, it successfully joins, then says "Not an Universal AP - Please connect to a Universal AP to use the application"

Anyone able to provide any guidance?  I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but I'll freely accept that I am.  I just want to set this thing, so I can turn on the 5ghz radio.

When I first configured it, the 5ghz radio worked, and throughput was phenomenal, then after I rebooted it (to mount it in the ceiling), I ran into this issue, where the radio won't go out of scanner mode and into root mode.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alright, I think I solved it.

The documentation here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/ux-ap/guide/uxap-mobapp-g.html#18366

Instructed one to set "Universal AP Admin Mode" via the WebGUI.  I didn't have that option, but I did have a checkbox for "Universal Admin Mode" - however, checking that and clicking Apply did not save the change.

Via the CLI, applying the command univ-admin-mode did work.  Then, the app let me login, though, annoyingly, had to use the privileged exec mode username along with the enable password.

Whatever.  Regulatory domain set to USA.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I should clarify, this is an autonomous setup, I do not have a controller.

Alright, I think I solved it.

The documentation here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/ux-ap/guide/uxap-mobapp-g.html#18366

Instructed one to set "Universal AP Admin Mode" via the WebGUI.  I didn't have that option, but I did have a checkbox for "Universal Admin Mode" - however, checking that and clicking Apply did not save the change.

Via the CLI, applying the command univ-admin-mode did work.  Then, the app let me login, though, annoyingly, had to use the privileged exec mode username along with the enable password.

Whatever.  Regulatory domain set to USA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card