cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3802e with AIR-ANT2566P4W-R

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I am needing to mount some 3802e's on the wall and would like to use the AIR-ANT2566P4W-R.  I want to use the AP in a dual 5GHz mode.  With this antenna connected, does it serve both 5GHz radios or do I need to connect another antenna to the primary 4 ports on the AP in addition to the smart antenna connector.

The other option is to just wall mount the 3802i but I know it says that should be avoided unless roaming is not an issue, example: hotspot, kiosk, or very small venue areas where large uniform coverage is not needed.

I am deploying these AP's in a 400 seat auditorium/lecture hall.

Thanks for the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

does it serve both 5GHz radios

So this is how our SE describes the 3802E: 

1.  You use the standard antenna, like the AIR-ANT2566P4W, and this will broadcast in 2.4 Ghz & 5.0 Ghz.  

2.  In order to use the second 5.0 Ghz then you'll need to get the breakout cable and connect another set of 5.0 Ghz antennas (4 x RP-TNC) to the breakout cable.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

does it serve both 5GHz radios

So this is how our SE describes the 3802E: 

1.  You use the standard antenna, like the AIR-ANT2566P4W, and this will broadcast in 2.4 Ghz & 5.0 Ghz.  

2.  In order to use the second 5.0 Ghz then you'll need to get the breakout cable and connect another set of 5.0 Ghz antennas (4 x RP-TNC) to the breakout cable.  

Leo is right.  Take a look at the link for the "smart antenna"

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-3/b_cisco_aironet_series_2800_3800_access_point_deployment_guide/b_cisco_aironet_series_2800_3800_access_point_deployment_guide_chapter_01.html#id_24841

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card