Views
Helpful
Replies

4-Way PTK Handshake, Client did not respond with M2

morabusa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are currently having a weird issue with a ZEBRA QLN420 printer trying to acces Wireless Network. For some weird reason, we are getting authenthication issues when the printers try to connect ot APs model AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 as you can see in the attached image.

On the other hand, the authethincation works well when printers try to connect first time to APs model AIR-AP1852E-E-K9.

The weirdest thing is that when printers are correctly connected to an AIR-AP1852E-E-K9 AP, they are able to roaming to AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 AP :-s.

Any idea?. Thank you very much.

Best Regards.

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- For the problem case , perhaps the Wireless Debug Analyzer can help :

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/wireless-troubleshooting-tools/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi

Which code version are you using?

There´s some bug related to Zebra:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvi07565/?rfs=iqvred

But, as the message says that client is not responding with M2, this may be a client issue and not Access Point issue.

I´d talk with Zebra guys to see what can be done!

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
CSCvp21915

morabusa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Thank you for your answers.

The WLC version is: 8.5.135.0 (so I think it is not affected by the bug CSCvp21915).

I have figured out that if I set the Fast Transition as Adaptive in the WLAN, it works correctly. Problem is that I cannot check the FT PSK box which I use for other clients if I select the adaptive option.

I am thinking that this is 100% a client issue but I find weird that it just happens for APs AIR-AP1852I and not for AIR-AP1852E.

Completely disable Fast Transition, unless you really need it. Often it is not needed.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card