cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7926G Phone

Ronda Weber
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7926G Phone and I would like to have it work in two different buildings.  I can connect up the 7942G phones in either building to connect to CUCM, but I have not been able to get this wireless 7925G phone to work in both buildings.  I was setting up different network profiles, but was unsuccessful, as the device information, network settings do not change, and I believe the DHCP server needs to change depending upon the building it's in.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Hi Ronda,Your post doesn't have enough information to get an idea of your environment,Do you have access to your wireless infrastructure?it doesnt say whether you were able to connect to you WLAN or not.If not have you tried connecting up to your voice wlan using another device?perhaps a laptop?If you could successfully connect to the wlan your issue might be simple as missing of option 150 in the dhcp scope,again you havent mentioned whether you have any other working wireless phones or not

Cheers

Prabath

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath

Thank you for your reply!  I was looking for a general yes or no answer - and based on your response, it should be possible. 

I have a 7926G Phone and I would like to have it work in two different buildings.  I can connect up the 7942G phones in either building to connect to CUCM, but I have not been able to get this wireless 7925G phone to work in both buildings

Sorry, I just stumbled upon this. 

I'm trying to understand what's required.  Are you trying to get wired phones and the wireless phones to work under a single call group?  Meaning, if I can a certain desk phone the desk phone and the wireless phone will ring (even though the desk phone and the wireless phone have different numbers)?  If this is the case, then the answer is YES.  

Thank you for your reply! 

I was attempting to use a 7942G phone in two different manufacturing facilities; two different networks; so as the phone moves with the individual between the buildings, the phone will continue to ring and get calls regardless of the network it is currently connected to.

I did indeed get the phone to work in both our buildings.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card