Views
Helpful
Replies

802.11ac Modules with v7.5.

ADRayment
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have just gone live with our wireless refresh, using a Cisco 5508 (v7.5) and Cisco 3602i's with the 802.11ac module.

I am having some issues trying to get the AC modules to come up. The AP's are powered by a PoE 3750 switch, which is only capable of producing 15.4w of power per port, so I appreciate that the AC module will not work in conjunction with the 2.4-GHz radio. I have tried Google and these forums, but this is a new technology and unfortunately there is not a great deal of documentation available yet.

802.11ac high throughput is enabled, and the channel width is set to 80MHz. WMM policy is also enabled.

I've disabled the radio and the different networks, and still cannot get to the desired scenario where the AC module is working.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could try next?

Thank you all in advance.

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, if you do not have an 802.3at or enhanced PoE switch or power brick then you would need to disable the 2.4 GHz radio then reboot the AP to renegotiate power requirements.

Then ensure you can enable the 11n radio (slot 2).

Also ensure you are using an SSID utilizing WPA2.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, if you do not have an 802.3at or enhanced PoE switch or power brick then you would need to disable the 2.4 GHz radio then reboot the AP to renegotiate power requirements.

Then ensure you can enable the 11n radio (slot 2).

Also ensure you are using an SSID utilizing WPA2.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thank you - that worked perfectly.

I could not find any documentation that said to reboot it. Thank you again for your swift response!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card