Views
Helpful
Replies

802.11b/g/n not enabling

nick-davies
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a Cisco AIR-CAP1552E-E-K9 connected to a WLC5508 controller , the a/n radio will enable however the b/g/n radio will not enable in GUI is says "Error in Enabling Admin Status" and when using CLI is just says resetting ?

POE+ and correct injectors tried ideas would be good ?

10 Replies 10

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
What firmware is running on the 5508?
Did it ever work with this configuration?

Hi
Version 8.0.140 and version 7.6 no I’ve never been able to activate it

##- Please type your reply above this line -#

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The most common reason why the 5.0 Ghz is in "admin disable" by the WLC is the wrong (or conflicting) country code set in the controller.

Hi
I agree but the part code is AIR-CAP1552E-E-K9 I thought this would be GB ?

The 5 GHz works ok it’s only the 2.4Ghz ?

Is this the only AP that is not working correct, do you have others working correct?
Is the AP maybe in an AP-Group which has no SSID enabled for 2.4 GHz?

Yes it’s in the default group I have numerous model connected on both 2.4 and 5 . 

Ok very weird. I would try to factory reset it and if that doesn't help, RMA it if you still have warranty.

Thanks completely reset it the warranty is out exactly the same conditions on another controller on different version ?

One more thing to check, now that I finally found the command, check if it's running in the non-default Local mode:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-documents/converting-mesh-ap-to-local-mode-and-vice-versa-using-ap-cli/ta-p/3155865

I don't think that is the source of the problem, but I never worked with the Mesh models.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card