Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1X Help

studmuffin
Level 1
Level 1

RADIUS ACCT Server 192.168.40.58:1813 deactivated in global list

RADIUS server 192.168.40.58:1812 failed to respond to request (ID 41) for client 56:61:55:3e:c2:e5 / user 'ThePlague'

I keep getting these errors when I am trying test test 802.1X I checked the firewall in the auth and accounting server and made a rule to allow inbound connections on port 1812-1813 i tried turning off the firewall and i checked my main firewall and there are no rules blocking it I dont know why i am getting it i double checked the secret and the ip addresses 

11 Replies 11

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what radius server ACS / ISE? check is the WLC IP is added in NAD list with a secret?

what Logs do you see on the Radius side?

check some config examples:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/211263-Configure-802-1x-PEAP-with-FreeRadius.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Im using Windows Server NPS

check on the Windows NPS Logs.

BB

They dont show up it is not making logs

If you don’t see logs, then the traffic is not reaching to NPS server. Make sure that the Windows FW is not blocking that traffic also. 
A few questions, is this a new setup? Is this working for any other services?  Have you tried to restart the NPS service or the box itself?  From the NPS server, run a telnet to the controller ip using port 1812 and 1813 or from another device on the same subnet as the controller. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Another thing that could be making NPS not to log anything is a mismatch in the Shared Secret between WLC (or APs if you're using local atuh from Flexconnect APs) and NPS server.

HTH
-Jesus
*** Please rate helpful responses ***

Then you need other methods to get the information what is failing, Wireshark ?

BB

I figured it out I dont know what i did though

glad end it all working that is important, good if you documented the steps, in case if it occur again to fix the issue and share with community. since all working we mark as resolved now.

BB

The Funny thing is i have no idea what i did that fixed it I was just doing changes and it started working that is the best fix right ahahahaha

A fix is a fix, but sometimes it's best to keep track of your changes, because usually it will happen again in the future.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card