cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

871W dropping packets over VPN from wireless

Jesse Wiener
Level 4
Level 4

I have a 871w that is setup as ezvpn client and it is dropping packet only to sources across vpn, and only from wireless. I can sit with my wireless pc, and ping the internet and ping a server on the other side of the vpn. The internet will not drop a packet but the vpn does, and from a pc plugged into the 871w it never drops a packet to either destinations.

Any thoughts, and is this the correct forum to post this in?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Use the crypto ipsec df-bit command in global configuration mode to configure your router to specify the DF bit in an encapsulated header. You may want use the clear setting for the DF bit when encapsulating tunnel mode IPSec traffic so you can send packets larger than the available maximum transmission unit (MTU) size or if you do not know what the available MTU size.If this command is enabled without a specified setting, the router will use the copy setting as the default.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Use the crypto ipsec df-bit command in global configuration mode to configure your router to specify the DF bit in an encapsulated header. You may want use the clear setting for the DF bit when encapsulating tunnel mode IPSec traffic so you can send packets larger than the available maximum transmission unit (MTU) size or if you do not know what the available MTU size.If this command is enabled without a specified setting, the router will use the copy setting as the default.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card