cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

877W wireless access from iPhone

alan.morris
Level 1
Level 1

We are using a Cisco 877W wireless router. It seems to be working just fine except in one respect and that is Apple iPhones do not seem to recognise the SSID and therefore require manual connection using the SSID name, this works satsfactorily, but we would like to fix the issue. Windows clients see the SSID without problem. We are using IOS 12.4 (15)T6. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to either fix this issue or to further diagnose the problem

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you broadcasting the SSID? guest-mode is what you need to define under the SSID. Also make sure if your using WPA to either use WPA/TKIP or WPA2/AES or else the idevices have issues.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott, thanks your reply. Thissituation arose after I try toadd an additional SSID and authentication type to a global wireless config. I used the "information-element ssidl advertisement"  element to try toadvertise both SSIDs. The original single SSID was in guest mode.

I have now managed to work around the problemby creating two VLANs each with the relevant SSID.

Regards,

fbarboza
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, What is the code version the router is running and please attach the configuration.

Hi,

Try disabling aironet extensions under radio interfaces.

int d0

no dot11 extensions aironet

(Anyways this setting is of significance only with CCX clients and in bridge mode for AP/BR devices)

Regards

Sahil

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card