Views
Helpful
Replies

8821 Questions

taylor.bolton
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can this phone be setup on your own WLAN and personal TFTP server? Or do you have to support it through the Cisco Unified Communications Manager?

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 8821 is a fairly new phone released to the market, however, like other corded phones this unit supports SIP.  

One can use a computer to configure the WLAN settings of the phone and it will work, however, no one has yet tried integrating this with non-Cisco call manager/server (like Asterisk-based or 3CX).  I have no doubt this will work but it's just spending time trying to knot out the kinks.  

Just want to warn you that due to the "freshness" of this product, you must keep an eye out for new firmwares for the phone.  The current firmware still has a lot of bugs that is constantly being ironed out. 

Thank you. Is there any documentation available that I could follow to get this phone set up on my network?

Hello,

Here is the link to the 8821 Wireless LAN deployment guide.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8821/english/Deployment/8821_wlandg.pdf

Thank you,

Bill

Please take a moment to mark as Correct Answer if this information met your needs.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card