cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9120AXE Workgroup Bridge Mode (Client mode)

josh1111
Level 1
Level 1

Can the 9120AXE support workgroup bridge mode and act as a wireless client (and if so how do I configure it)? I'd like to use it as a test client to validate 4x4 performance of my wireless network and ideally would be able to associate to any AP as we have a mixed environment of APs.

5 Replies 5

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Haven't seen anything to say yes they do support it other than its supported on wave 1 and wave 2 APs, but nothing about WIFI6.

Maybe just give it a go:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/config-guide/b_wl_16_10_cg/workgroup-bridges.html 

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the info. I did try that guide and those commands didn't seem to exist when logged directly into the AP console (with the AP running in embedded wireless controller mode). The embedded wireless controller also didn't seem to have a way to configure a wireless bridge either (unless I'm missing the location / steps to do it).

tombre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi josh1111,

since 17.8.1 the Workgroup Bridge (WGB) mode is supported on 9105, 9115 and 9120 access points

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/214855-ios-xe-wireless-feature-list-per-release.html#anc3

Yes, with 17.8.x version onward it supports WGB, you just simply need "ap-type workgroup-bridge" on the AP to change it to WGB. Once it is in WGB mode, you can configure it for SSID to connect.

C9120# configure ssid-profile <Profile_Name> ssid <SSID_Name> authentication psk <Passphrase> key-management wpa2
C9120# configure dot11Radio {0|1} mode wgb ssid-profile <Profile_Name>
C9120# configure dot11Radio {0|1} enable

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

mats.olsson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, is it only possible to confgure it in CLI, not in GUI as the Wave1 ap:s are ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card