cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9800-40 upgrade 17.3.5a to17.6.3 will not talk to ISE(2.7.0.356) dot1x

richard.greene1
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading to 17.6.3 from 17.3.5a the 802.1x is not working.  After a rollback it works. No change in network.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...After upgrading to 17.6.3 from 17.3.5a the 802.1x is not working.

'Not working' is a broad term = what are the errors seen (e.g) , how is 801.2 configured (e.g.)  , if  you are using ISE check ise's logs for particular authentication(s) - hoover over details icon to check the  authenticating sequence (e.g) , if radius is behind ISE then check the radius server(s) logs too (e.g.) 

In any case both with the working and foremost none working software version installed  review the 9800-40  configuration   with the CLI command : show  tech   wireless , have the output analyzed by  https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/  , please note do not use classical show tech-support (short version) , use the command denoted in green for Wireless Analyzer.                                                              Checkout all advisories!

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Not sure if you took a back up pre & post upgrade. I would compare & see what has been changed during the upgrade.

Did an upgrade 17.3.5a to 17.6.4 couple of weeks ago & did not experience anything like that.

HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have tested both 17.6.3 and 17.6.4 with ISE and we did not experience any issue(s).

ammahend
VIP
VIP

had a similar issue with a different version upgrade a while ago, retyping shared secret resolved the issue, in our case ISE was not seeing any logs after upgrade, so it was an easy fix to try, since it fixed the issue and there were other priorities I did not pursue it with Cisco, but if its production I would suggest open a TAC case, you may request a recreate.

-hope this helps-
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card