cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9800-CL to influxdb

smalkawi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, I have setup Telegraf to collect data from cisco 9800-CL on vmware, then send data to influxdb, everything connected and data tables has shown in influxdb but with no measurements in!
Anyone has idea if the cloud version support grpc Telemetry?
Thanx

5 Replies 5

Hi Bandi,

Thank you for your replay.

I have read that article, but here I am wondering if the non licensed cloud version of 9800 IOS-XE support grpc telemetry as I know it doesn't support guest shell!

not sure what code running as i know 17.6 support grpc (not tested myself)

if the non licensed cloud version of 9800 IOS-XE support grpc telemetry as I know it doesn't support guest shell!

- you mean this controller in Trail ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Bandi,

thank you and sorry for the late response, I dont know if it is a trial mode but i can config all functionalities,I have not installed any license.

my deployment as below:

- 2 98000-CL on esxi 7.0 joined in SSO redundancy mode, also I have one AP 9115ax connected with three SSIDs

-Cisco ISE connected to authenticate 802.1x users.

when issue commans #show telemetry internal connection it shows the source and distenation IPs connected. the telegraf agent is working fine and no critical logs shown, Telegraf to influxdb are connected and the bucket shows there are table of content of cisco ISO-XE there but whith no reading inside.

then I have tried to see if the my controller works in the guestshell domain as IOX it says the followings:

WLC-01#show iox-service

IOx Infrastructure Summary:
---------------------------
IOx service (CAF) : Not Running
IOx service (HA) : Not Supported
IOx service (IOxman) : Not Running
IOx service (Sec storage) : Not Supported
Libvirtd : Running

so I want to know if the cloud or the VMware version need additional things or has limited functionality in this domain?

thank you again.

by the way i am using IOS-XE version 

WLC-01#show version
Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 17.03.05b

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card