Helpful
Replies

9800 dhcp fail Wlan - Local Mode

joandwifi
Level 1
Level 1

joandwifi_0-1689579066941.png

Hello Cisco Community,

Just to validate, and see if there is any other suggestion.

I'm in a migration project from WLC 5508 to 9800. In this first moment, the networks will coexist.

I made an RMI configuration, Integration with ISE, Profile, Polices, tags and etc... in the 9800, the AP's are being provisioned in "local mode", they are updated, however, the clients do not get IP.

I did the debug, and I saw that there really is a problem in the DHCP:

1 - Client state transition: S_CO_IP_LEARN_IN_PROGRESS -> S_CO_L2_AUTH_IN_PROGRESS

2 - ADD MOBILE sent. Client state flags: 0x71 BSSID: MAC: xxxx capwap IFID: 0x9000000b, Add mobiles sent: 1

3 - L2 Authentication initiated. method DOT1X, Policy VLAN 0, AAA override = 1 , NAC = 1

4 - L2 Authentication Key Exchange Start. Resolved VLAN: 10, Audit Session id: 3204460A00000

5 - EAP Key management successful. AKM:DOT1X Cipher:CCMP WPA Version: WPA2

6 - Mobility discovery triggered. Client mode: Local

7 - Client state transition: S_CO_L2_AUTH_IN_PROGRESS -> S_CO_MOBILITY_DISCOVERY_IN_PROGRESS

8 - Mobility Successful. Roam Type None, Sub Roam Type MM_SUB_ROAM_TYPE_INTRA_INSTANCE,

9 - ADD MOBILE sent. Client state flags: 0x72 BSSID: MAC: xxx capwap IFID: 0x9000000b,

10 - Client state transition: S_CO_MOBILITY_DISCOVERY_IN_PROGRESS -> S_CO_DPATH_PLUMB_IN_PROGRESS

11 - client state transition: S_CO_DPATH_PLUMB_IN_PROGRESS -> S_CO_IP_LEARN_IN_PROGRESS

12 - Co client reap timer callback. Co client reap timer triggering E_CO_CLIENT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT event, client state: S_CO_IP_LEARN_IN_PROGRESSDelete ACK pending flag :

13 - Triggering notification for IP learn timeout

According to Topology, as it is local mode, SVI's 10, 20 and 30 are configured in WLC 9800 in Barueri-SP, however, the Gateway is in Osasco-SP. The big question is that there is a port channel l3 with OSPF (point to point), but the configuration of this po3 is like "no switchport". So, I can't even drip from wlc from Barueri, to switch l3 from Osasco.

Question:

If there is no way to pass a trunk between Osasco x Barueri, is there any other way to pass vlans 10, 20 and 30?

Because I need to replicate the Osasco environment in Barueri (same vlans for customers), until the migration is completed.

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Start with a checkup review of the 9800 controller configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless ; feed the output into
                                 https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-config-analyzer/

You can also do client debugging according to https://logadvisor.cisco.com/logadvisor/wireless/9800/9800ClientConnectivity , client debugs can be processed and analyzed with : https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessDebugAnalyzer/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Excellent, thank you very much for updating me on a tshoot tool that I didn't know about lol.
The trunk extension solution was not approved by the customer, and he is going to change the location box.

.>...for updating me on a trouble shooting  tool that I didn't know about lol.
- WirelessAnalyzer is indeed very useful , keep using it after configuration changes for instance and also after upgrades (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

ammahend
VIP
VIP

you can L2TP to extend L2 over L3

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/layer-two-tunnel-protocol-l2tp/116266-configure-l2-00.html

although it might be easier for you to use use one of the link between the sites as L2 trunk and continue using another one for ospf, so you can extend L2 over trunk. 

or temporarily create dhcp scope locally till migration for the 

make sure to test before applying in production. 

-hope this helps-

Excellent, thank you very much!
The trunk extension solution was not approved by the customer, and he is going to change the location box.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card