cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9800 + DNA-C + None-SDA Network

RichardAtkin
Level 3
Level 3

I have a DNA-C box on 1.3.1 and a 9800-CL on 16.11.1c and the aim is to deploy a 'normal' (not SDA) network.  The WLC was pre-built before the DNA-C box came on the scene.  I cannot for the life of me get the DNA-C box to import the WLC's existing config, nor can I get it to even show basic details like how many Clients are connected to the WLC.

Are there any instructions anywhere for a none-SDA deployment?  Any tips on troubleshooting DNAC/9800 integration?  What am I missing?  I just want the basics!

Cheers,

Rich

1 Reply 1

codha
Level 1
Level 1

I'm surprised no one has answered this post. I guess it's partly due to that not many are using DNAC+C9800 yet.

In my limited experience you have to deploy the C9800 from DNAC from scratch. Maybe you can reverse engineer the configuration in DNAC and then wipe the C9800 and then add the WLC in DNAC for provisioning.

Here is a Non-fabric deployment guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/Catalyst-9800-Non-Fabric-Deployment-using-Cisco-DNA-Center.pdf

Remember that this is all in theory since the technology is so fresh and not many customers are deploying their brand new C9800 this way yet...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card