cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9800 WLC foreign to AireOS Anchor - WLAN Vlan Assignment

awatson20
Level 4
Level 4

I have configured a mobility peering between a foreign 9800 controller to an AireOS anchor controller.  The WLAN and policy profile have been created.  Clients connecting to this wlan will receive their IP Address centrally from the anchor controller.  On the 9800 foreign controller, I am not sure what vlan to specify under the policy profile access policy since this is an anchored wlan.  In the old AireOS days, we would specify a bogus vlan and IP address.  What is the config standard for 9800's?  Do we use the WLC management vlan, or specify nothing since this is anchored?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you can create any BLACKHOLE VLAN

Configuration --> Layer 2--> VLAN and use that in profile

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you can create any BLACKHOLE VLAN

Configuration --> Layer 2--> VLAN and use that in profile

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/213912-configure-mobility-anchor-on-catalyst-98.html#toc-hId--2117206962
       Always validate configurations on the 9800 platform with the CLI command show tech wireless , feed the output into 
                                                                                                                      Wireless Config Analyzer

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card