cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9800 wlc upgrade caused web gui to redirect to Day Zero page.

tenzuta
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone faced this issue?

The upgrade was a 9800-cl on esxi Version 17.3.7 to 17.9.4a

The entire configuration is intact, and the wlc is operating as usual. But, we cannot access the web gui management dashboard. No matter what we get the day zero landing page.

I tried the radio disabling and re-entering the ap countries that I’ve had as this wlc manages aps in different countries, then re-enabling the radios.

No dice. Same issue.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You have an operational running configuration  ? If so , also have  a test with another browser , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

You know the country command has changed right?
The 17.9 configs seem to require both old and new format although it still gives the warning anyway.  Actually just checked and although it still puts the old command in the config it isn't using it at all (and never mind the mis-spelling of country in the log message <smile>):
Nov 29 2023 10:40:35.709 GMT: %CFMGR_LOG-4-COUNTRY_CFG_DEPRECATED_CLI: Chassis 1 R0/0: wncd: Deprecated CLI used: 'ap country <coutry-code>' is deprecated, instead use 'wireless country <country-code>'
wireless country XX     <- new config
ap country 00           <- old config

Specify global country setting:
wireless country XX
and in the AP profile:
ap profile my-ap-profile
 country XX
And of course the radio network must be shutdown when configuring the country:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-9/config-guide/b_wl_17_9_cg/m_country_codes.html#Cisco_Task.dita_f92271d4-ebc0-4320-b276-d7f1274ab74f

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card